District of Columbia

Cemetery





Recorder/Submitter





Congressional Cemetery
1801 E Street, Southeast

Established April 1807, deeded to Vestry of Christ Church in 1812, known as Washington Parish Burial Ground. In 1816, Christ Church set aside 100 burial sites for the interment of Members of Congress. With increased use by the government, it became known as Congressional Cemetery.


Congressional Cemetery Military Burials

Extracted from: Dept. of Veteran's Affairs
National Cemetery Database

Glenwood Cemetery
Partial Transcription
Established 1854 / Images

Sue Dotson
Jezzeel

Holy Rood Cemetery
2128 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, 20007-2231
Established 1834 / Images

David J. O'Connor

Mt. Olivet Cemetery
Established 1850
Photo Transcription (Partial)

Various Contributors

Oak Hill Cemetery
Georgetown / Established 1849
Partial Transcription

Various Contributors

Payne Burials at Oak Hill

D.L. Shotwell

Rock Creek Cemetery
Established 1719
Photo Transcription (Partial)

Alton W. Peters
Sue Dotson

St. Mary Mother of God
German Catholic Church Cemetery

Photo Transcription (Partial)
Updated 11/5/2006

Lee C. Michael
Elizabeth Ganley

 

Let's work together in this endeavor!
This Project is about remembering our dead and preserving our history!!!

To submit a cemetery, please contact:


District of Columbia Tombstone Transcription Manager

VOLUNTEER NEEDED!!

Contact National Tombstone Project Coordinator: Rebecca Maloney


About This Project

Getting Started

How To Join

Register

VA Marker Program

Tombstone Page

State Projects

Top of Page




Copyright © USGenWeb Tombstone Project, 1997-2019