Grand Street Cemetery
Trancribed from "Ancient Burying Grounds" of the Town of Waterbury, Connecticut. Vol. 2 The Mattatuck Historical Society Publication 1917. Compiled and edited by Katherine A, Prichard.
David Pritchard - Gravestone (erected by his grandson) gives date of birth as 1736, but the town record gives 1737. He was born and died in the only house which has ever stood on Grand Street at the southwest corner of Bank Street. This house was built by Stephen Upson for his son Stephen and by the latter sold in 1733 to James Prichard of Milford, who in turn willed it to his youngest son, David. It was taken down soon after 1840. He spelled his name without the "t", as did all his sons except David.
Back to Grand Street Cemetery
Back to Main Page